Ramen noodles are a popular food item and for good reason. They’re cheap, they’re filling, and they’re delicious. But there’s one place where ramen shines: at home. That’s because ramen is available as a ramen kit and is one of the easiest foods to make at home. All you need is a pot of boiling water and a package of ramen noodles.
Ramen’s Origins and Popularity
Ramen noodles have been around for centuries, and their popularity is only increasing. Ramen is so popular that there are now these convenient kits that you can buy for your home kitchen. They include all the ingredients you need to make a delicious bowl of ramen noodles in your house kitchen.
Any food that is made convenient to prepare you would think would become popular but there is also that nice taste about ramen and the choice of toppings to vary its flavor. There is nothing not to like about it as a home culinary experience.
Restaurants Famous for Ramen
Many ramen restaurants have become famous for their delicious ramen dishes. These include:
- Ichiran ramen: This ramen shop originated in Fukuoka, Japan, and has since expanded to locations all over the world. Ichiran is known for its unique dining experience, where each customer sits in their booth and enjoys their ramen in solitude.
- Momofuku ramen: An outlet for ramen founded by David Chang. It is located in New York City. Momofuku is popular because of its creative ramen dishes, such as the ramen burger and the ramen Caesar salad.
- Ramen Tatsunoya: Located in Yokohama, Japan, this venue is known for its thick, rich broth. The noodles at Ramen Tatsunoya are also thicker than average, making them perfect for soaking up all that delicious broth.
- Ramen Jiro: A ramen experience located in Tokyo, Japan, that is famous for its extremely large portions. If you’re looking for a hearty bowl of ramen, then Ramen Jiro is the place to go.
- Tsuta ramen: The shop in this case is located in Tokyo, Japan, and is the first ramen shop in the world to be awarded a Michelin star. Tsuta ramen serves delicate broth and delicate noodles.
Benefits of Eating Ramen at Home
There are many benefits here, including that ramen is cheaper to eat at home than in other places. Ramen noodles are very affordable, and when you make them as a part of cooking at home, you don’t have to pay restaurant prices. This can be significant when we are talking about luxury restaurants with the world’s top chefs cooking the food for us. We can, however, get pretty close to the same flavors ourselves when we have the kit to help us cook the ramen. The best ingredients will have already been selected for us to use. That is half the work done. It can be very time-consuming trying to track down quality ingredients.
Also, what makes home eating even more cost-effective is that you do not have the cost of fuel or a taxi fare to pay to travel to the restaurant. Also, you can pick your time to eat and not be dictated to by the restaurant sitting times. We can feel more relaxed all-round when we are in control of our eating experience. We cannot, however, be entirely responsible for how it tastes because that is partly down to the well-chosen ingredients in the ramen kit and the accuracy of the instructions list that we just have to follow.
Another benefit of home eating is the convenience of not having to get changed into our best jacket and tie or dress. It depends on how we like to dress to go out, but we will have to make some effort, and perhaps have paid good money for the outfit to do it. We can save this cost when just picking up a ramen kit off an online or physical supermarket shelf. Spend time studying what you want by doing this online.
Ramen restaurants can be expensive and may not be accessible to everyone. Fortunately, you can easily make ramen at home for a fraction of the cost. Ramen in a kit is the easy solution to enjoy this wonderful food at home.