Summer is the time of year that we get to host the most dinner parties, picnics, and family gatherings. It is not uncommon for summer gatherings to last a few days or weeks with events happening off and on during the warmer months, making it tricky to decide what to bring. So, why not bring something that is a conversation starter? Whether you are having drinks, dinner, or a more casual barbecue, there is something on this list that is sure to be a hit.
Summer is all about soaking up the sun and having fun. But it is also a time for hosting outdoor parties with friends and family. If this sounds fun, but you do not have a lot of outdoor space, consider using the room closest to your garden to open the windows and doors for a home/garden gathering. Alternatively, explore hiring companies offering professional patio covers Edmonton or in your vicinity to install a garden-adjacent cover. This ensures your guests can relish the outdoors while seeking respite from the sun. If the weather is warm enough, it is a great alternative to throwing the party outside.
Summertime entertaining begins as soon as the first weekend of June. We look out our windows and notice all the beautiful planters, flowers, and vegetable gardens overflowing with fresh, colorful produce. It has been months since we have seen the sunshine, so it is time to enjoy the outdoors. The warm weather gives us more reasons to get together with friends and family, and what better way to celebrate summer than with great food, good music, and a beverage or two.
What are the five things that we should prepare for summertime?
Summertime entertaining is all about bringing family and friends together, so naturally, it cannot be complete without the must-haves. These five things all come together to create a great party, whether you bring them along or plan your party around them.
- Great music– A party is never complete without the perfect music of your choice. A great party means more fun with songs that should be played during these gatherings. Everyone will surely enjoy it when you add some spice to your music playlist.
- Great food –When throwing a party, it is not complete without the food. Some countries find it more fun to prepare different kinds of foods that a whole range of people can try without feeling left out. We also love our traditional fiesta’s where everyone is having a great time cooking and eating their own special dishes.
- Great drinks –When there is food, there are also drinks and other beverages. Something wacky like preparing this white gummy bear shot recipe as a starter is sure to pump life into any party. Flavors of different drinks would also be good to taste as we enjoy our bond with friends.
- Great TV apps – This option is for people who love watching TV shows and movies with their family members and guests during the midsummer nights. Having access to a few smart tv apps can ensure that there is no scarcity of entertainment for any age group of people.
- Great guests – A party is not fun until you bring along your friends and family who can create a great time for everyone. Not only can they bring along entertainment, but they also provide great conversation as well as relaxation.
The summer brings warm weather, outdoor activities, good food, and socializing. These are all fun parts of summertime, but July and August can get pretty hot, so it is important to make sure that outside entertainment is shielded from the hot sun during peak times and there are plenty of fluids on hand (not just alcohol). A perfect way to ensure some shade in the backyard or garden area (not just for the party, but always) would be to have a gazebo or a sheltered area to relax. You can even consider having a Summerhouse from Scotts of Thrapston or similar providers installed in the area to make for a perfect space for multiple purposes.
Summer entertaining is when friends and family can gather, catch up on the seasons, enjoy the sunshine and warm weather, and enjoy each other’s company. More people are finding hosting enjoyable because of the many benefits it provides. When hosting, you want to ensure you have the essentials, so you are not scrambling around at the last minute. The last thing you want is to have your guests waiting – or worse, your guests leaving early – because you were unprepared.